Madame Sonia Delaunay is a pop-up book by renowned art director and paper engineer Gerard Lo Monaco.
Published to coincide with the exhibition of Sonia Delaunay's work at MAMVP in October 2014 and Tate Modern in April 2015, the book features pop-up illustrations based on paintings, textiles and costume designs by Sonia Delaunay.
Gerard Lo Monaco's highly expressive gouache illustrations convey the same energy and verve of Delaunay's original artwork which, for reference, are reproduced at the back of the book.
Readers will not only to be informed and amused but also inspired by this contemporary interpretation of Delaunay's work.
- Format: Other book format
- Pages: 7 pages, Colour illustrations throughout
- Publisher: Tate Publishing
- Publication Date: 06/11/2014
- Category: Individual artists, art monographs
- ISBN: 9781849763349