Supporting Science, Design and Technology in the Early Years Paperback
Part of the Supporting Early Learning series
* How do young children learn science, design and technology? * How can we support young children and help them to develop scientific, design and technology skills?
This practical and accessible text answers these questions and provides guidance for adults working with young children in a variety of formal and informal settings.
Concrete advice is given to show how parents, carers, teachers and other professionals can provide a rich learning environment and support children in this important area of the curriculum.
The differing needs of both adults and children are recognized and a variety of stimulating activities is illustrated.
A clear and helpful discussion of a developmental framework enables readers to strengthen their own practice and understanding.
The book will be of value to all early childhood professionals as well as being of great interest to parents and carers.
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 160 pages, references, index
- Publisher: Open University Press
- Publication Date: 01/08/1999
- Category: Pre-school & kindergarten
- ISBN: 9780335199426