The Good Alternative Travel Guide : Exciting Holidays for Responsible Travellers Paperback
* Stay with indigenous tribes in the Amazon * Dog-sled with the Inuit in the Arctic * Walk the Songlines of central Australia with Aboriginal guides * Learn African drumming in Ghana or how to dance salsa in Cuba Bored with the same old package tours and identikit resorts?
Then this book is your key to a whole new world of inspirational holidays.
Throughout Asia, Africa, the Americas and the Pacific, tribal people and rural villagers are setting up their own tours - and they want you to visit.
These holidays are a better alternative. Better for you, with real insights into local life and culture in some of the most beautiful places on earth; better for the people you visit, leaving them with more money and supporting local development projects; and better for the environment, offering sustainable alternative incomes for communities living in threatened ecosystems.
Compiled by Mark Mann for Tourism Concern, Europe's leading ethical tourism organization, this updated version of The Community Tourism Guide is still the only guide to this type of holiday. It not only explains the principles of 'community-based tourism', but also lists hundreds of guesthouses and tours, with full contact details to help you arrange your next holiday.
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 264 pages, illustrations
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 01/05/2002
- Category: Travel & holiday guides
- ISBN: 9781853838378