This Second Edition continues to use programmable logic as the primary vehicle for teaching digital design principles, and maintains its cutting-edge status by updating to Altera's newest Quartus II software, the most current method of digital design implementation. This Windows-based software allows users to design, test, and program CPLD designs in text-based (VHDL) and graphic (schematic entry) formats.
The Second Edition introduces CPLDs earlier in the teaching sequence, laying a solid foundation for more advanced principles without neglecting underlying digital fundamentals such as Boolean algebra, logic minimization, and combinational and sequential circuits.
VHDL and Quartus II applications are provided throughout.
- Format: Mixed media product
- Pages: 896 pages, Illustrations (some col.)
- Publisher: Cengage Learning, Inc
- Publication Date: 08/07/2004
- Category: Electronics & communications engineering
- ISBN: 9781401840303