F. Scott Fitzgerald : A Literary Life Paperback / softback
by A. Hook
Part of the Literary Lives series
Often seen as a mirroring the contemporary movement of American history itself, Scott Fitzgerald's literary life was a roller-coaster ride from early success in the 1920s to apparent oblivion by the end of the 1930s.
This study attempts to account for such a problematic career by focusing on Fitzgerald's struggle to sustain a perilous balancing act between his commitment to a totally involving life on the one hand, and his parallel commitment to the serious business of art on the other.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 194 pages, XIV, 194 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 06/08/2002
- Category: Literary studies: from c 1900 -
- ISBN: 9780333738498