Satire and Dissent : Interventions in Contemporary Political Debate Paperback / softback
by Amber Day
In an age when Jon Stewart frequently tops lists of most-trusted newscasters, the films of Michael Moore become a dominant topic of political campaign analysis, and activists adopt ironic, fake personas to attract attention-the satiric register has attained renewed and urgent prominence in political discourse.
Amber Day focuses on the parodist news show, the satiric documentary, and ironic activism to examine the techniques of performance across media, highlighting their shared objective of bypassing standard media outlets and the highly choreographed nature of current political debate.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 240 pages, 21 b&w illus.
- Publisher: Indiana University Press
- Publication Date: 25/01/2011
- Category: Popular beliefs & controversial knowledge
- ISBN: 9780253222817