Law and the City Paperback / softback
Law and the City offers a lateral, critical and often unexpected description of some of the most important cities in the world, including Moscow, Istanbul, Berlin, Singapore, Athens, Mexico City, Toronto, Sydney, Johannesburg: each one from a distinctive legal perspective.
An invaluable 'guide' to adopting a different approach to the city and its history, culture and everyday experience, Law and the City is not simply an exploration of the relationship between these two spheres.
It details:a flourishing of law's spatiality and urban legal localityan unfolding of both the juridical urban body and the city's legal dreams, of both the `urban law' and the `juridical polis'. Enlightening and at the same time problematizing the reader, this volume is an innovative collection of truly global dimensions that will prove compelling reading both for specialists and for critical travellers.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 304 pages, 1 Halftones, black and white; 4 Tables, black and white; 1 Illustrations, black and white
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 20/02/2007
- Category: Legal profession: general
- ISBN: 9780415420341