Solidarity in Biomedicine and Beyond Paperback / softback
by Barbara (King's College London) Prainsack, Alena (Christian-Albrechts Universitat zu Kiel, Germany) Buyx
Part of the Cambridge Bioethics and Law series
In times of global economic and political crises, the notion of solidarity is gaining new currency.
This book argues that a solidarity-based perspective can help us to find new ways to address pressing problems.
Exemplified by three case studies from the field of biomedicine: databases for health and disease research, personalised healthcare, and organ donation, it explores how solidarity can make a difference in how we frame problems, and in the policy solutions that we can offer.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 248 pages, 4 Tables, black and white; 1 Halftones, black and white
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Publication Date: 14/06/2018
- Category: Ethics & moral philosophy
- ISBN: 9781107424784