Moving Histories of Class and Community : Identity, Place and Belonging in Contemporary England Paperback / softback
Part of the Identity Studies in the Social Sciences series
A major new study of white working class Britain since 1930, that shows how meanings of poverty have changed over time and how individuals reject categorization by the state.
This book challenges accepted wisdom on the white working class, providing new understandings of community, place and class, arguing for the importance of migration.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 243 pages, XIII, 243 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 08/04/2009
- Category: Poverty & unemployment
- ISBN: 9780230295384