Sitte, Hegemann and the Metropolis : Modern Civic Art and International Exchanges Paperback / softback
Edited by Charles Bohl, Jean Francois Lejeune
These essays, from leading names in the field, weave together the parallels and differences between the past and present of civic art.
Offering prospects for the first decades of the twenty-first century, the authors open up a broad international dialogue on civic art, which relates historical practice to the contemporary meaning of civic art and its application to community building within today's multi-cultural modern cities. The volume brings together the rich perspectives on the thought, practice and influence of leading figures from the great era of civic art that began in the nineteenth century and blossomed in the early twentieth century as documented in the works of Werner Hegemann and his contemporaries and considered fundamental to contemporary practice.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 316 pages, inc 16 pp colour section; 23 Halftones, color; 157 Halftones, black and white
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 21/10/2008
- Category: City & town planning - architectural aspects
- ISBN: 9780415424073