Cattle Kingdom: The Hidden History of the Cowboy West Paperback / softback
Cattle Kingdom reveals how the West rose and fell, and how its legacy defines us today.
The tale takes us from dust-choked cattle drives to the unlikely splendors of boomtowns like Abilene, Kansas, and Cheyenne, Wyoming.
We meet a diverse cast, from cowboy Teddy Blue to failed rancher and future president Teddy Roosevelt.
Christopher Knowlton shows us how they and others like them could achieve so many outsized feats: killing millions of bison, building the first opera house on the open range, driving cattle by the thousands, and much more.
Cattle Kingdom is a revelatory new view of the Old West.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 424 pages, 16pp b&w insert
- Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company
- Publication Date: 11/06/2018
- Category: History of the Americas
- ISBN: 9781328470256