How to Drive a Nuclear Reactor Paperback / softback
by Colin Tucker
Part of the Springer Praxis Books series
Have you ever wondered how a nuclear power station works?
This lively book will answer that question. It'll take you on a journey from the science behind nuclear reactors, through their start-up, operation and shutdown.
Along the way it covers a bit of the engineering, reactor history, different kinds of reactors and what can go wrong with them.
Much of this is seen from the viewpoint of a trainee operator on a Pressurised Water Reactor - the most common type of nuclear reactor in the world. Colin Tucker has spent the last thirty years keeping reactors safe.
Join him on a tour that is the next best thing to driving a nuclear reactor yourself!
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 264 pages, 50 Tables, color; 122 Illustrations, color; 9 Illustrations, black and white; XVII, 264 p
- Publisher: Springer Nature Switzerland AG
- Publication Date: 26/01/2020
- Category: Popular science
- ISBN: 9783030338756