Palliative Care within Mental Health : Ethical Practice Paperback / softback
Edited by David B. Cooper, Jo Cooper
Palliative Care Within Mental Health: Ethical Practice explores the comprehensive concerns and dilemmas that occur surrounding people experiencing mental health problems and disorders.
Working beyond narrow, stereotypical definitions of palliative care as restricted to terminal cancer patients, this balanced and thought-provoking volume examines the many interrelated issues that face the individual, families, and caregivers, setting the groundwork for improved, ethical relationships and interventions.
Chapters by experts and experienced practitioners detail the challenges, concerns, and best practices for ethical care and responses in a variety of individual and treatment contexts.
This is an essential and thoughtful new resource for all those involved in the fast-developing field of palliative mental health.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 350 pages, 6 Line drawings, black and white; 8 Tables, black and white; 6 Illustrations, black and w
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 12/09/2018
- Category: Medical ethics & professional conduct
- ISBN: 9781138609822