Explore the secret, quirky and curious history of London's well-known squares.
Authors Alan Brooke and David Brandon have made some strange discoveries in these famous places, from the personal dedications on the benches in Berkeley Square to the Grade II-listed cabman's shelter at Russell Square.
There are details on the hidden history of the squares, weird and wonderful incidents and little-known facts about the notable houses and the people who lived there.
Fully illustrated with photographs old and new, and with helpful maps for navigation, this book will delight anyone with an interest in the more bizarre aspects of the capital's illustrious past.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 96 pages, 130 Illustrations, unspecified
- Publisher: Amberley Publishing
- Publication Date: 15/08/2016
- Category: Local interest, family history & nostalgia
- ISBN: 9781445656649