A fully comprehensive field guide to the 521 officially recorded bird species of Mongolia.
The species are clearly illustrated in over 154 plates, showing plumage variation between sexes, seasons and age classes, as well as the upper side and underside of birds in flight.
Common, scientific and Mongolian names are given for each species.
The main identifying features of each species are described and key facts cover habitat, identifying features and voice.
Distribution maps provide an at-a-glance view of where and when the birds can be found.
The book also includes information on the geography and major habitats of Mongolia.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 308 pages, 154 full colour plates, 521 distribution maps
- Publisher: John Beaufoy Publishing Ltd
- Publication Date: 17/10/2019
- Category: Wildlife: birds & birdwatching
- ISBN: 9781912081042