The Wallace Collection has an internationally-renowned collection of French eighteenth-century art but perhaps lesser known today is their stunning collection of gilt-bronze objects.
These bronzes d'ameublement - from clocks and mounted Sevres porcelain to wall lights and candelabra - epitomised the levels of luxury achieved in Parisian interiors.
Highly expensive and expertly wrought, they illustrate the heights of skilled craftsmanship achieved by French bronze workers in the eighteenth century as well as showcasing the wealth and connoisseurship o f their owners.
Lavishly illustrated with new photography, this publication will be a book of 'highlights' to include the very best of what the Wallace Collection has to offer in this field.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 128 pages, 85 colour illustrations
- Publisher: Philip Wilson Publishers Ltd
- Publication Date: 24/04/2017
- Category: History of art & design styles: c 1600 to c 1800
- ISBN: 9781781300589