The Poems of Hesiod : Theogony, Works and Days, and The Shield of Herakles Paperback / softback
In this new translation of Hesiod, Barry B. Powell gives an accessible, modern verse rendering of these vibrant texts, essential to an understanding of early Greek myth and society.
With stunning color images that help bring to life the contents of the poems and notes that explicate complex passages, Powell's fresh renditions provide an exciting introduction to the culture of the ancient Greeks.
This is the definitive translation and guide for students and readers looking to experience the poetry of Hesiod, who ranks alongside Homer as an influential poet of Greek antiquity.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 208 pages, 23 color images, 19 charts, 3
- Publisher: University of California Press
- Publication Date: 15/09/2017
- Category: Poetry by individual poets
- ISBN: 9780520292864