The Victorian Tailor : Techniques and Patterns for Making Historically Accurate Period Clothes for Gentlemen Paperback
* Create perfect, historically accurate Victorian menswear, from morning coats to shirts and trousers * Contains detailed patterns and practical instructions adapted from original Victorian pattern-cutters' books * Covers the whole of the Victorian era, with outstanding designs from every decade A valuable sourcebook for costume designers, dressmakers and those involved in historical re-enactments, this book contains all you need to create authentic menswear from the Victorian period.
Historically accurate patterns enable you to make a wide range of garments, including morning coats, waistcoats, frock coats, trousers, shirts and hunting clothes, and full instructions are given for tailoring and construction.
The book is illustrated with evocative contemporary fashion plates showing the essential wardrobe of a Victorian gentleman, which demonstrate the subtle changes in style that occurred across the decades.
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 160 pages, over 100 illustrations
- Publisher: Pavilion Books
- Publication Date: 01/02/2011
- Category: History of fashion
- ISBN: 9781906388898