Neurosonology is non-invasive, portable, and has excellent temporal resolution, making it a valuable and increasingly popular tool for the diagnosis and monitoring of neurological conditions when compared to other imaging techniques.
This guide looks beyond the use of neurovascular ultrasound in stroke to encompass a wide range of other neurological diseases and emergencies.
It offers a practical approach to the examination of patients, interpretation of ultrasound studies, and the application of neurosonology to the development of management and treatment strategies.
Each chapter incorporates a thorough and clear procedural methodology alongside scanning tips for trainees; this step-by-step approach is further enhanced by example images and focused diagnostic questions.
Authored and edited by international experts, this practical manual of neurosonology is an invaluable resource for neurologists, neurosurgeons, intensivists, radiologists and ultrasonographers.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 330 pages, 31 Tables, black and white; 15 Halftones, unspecified; 159 Halftones, color; 36 Line draw
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Publication Date: 28/04/2016
- Category: Neurology & clinical neurophysiology
- ISBN: 9781107659155