Mathematics for Natural Scientists : Fundamentals and Basics Paperback / softback
Part of the Undergraduate Lecture Notes in Physics series
This book covers a course of mathematics designed primarily for physics and engineering students.
It includes all the essential material on mathematical methods, presented in a form accessible to physics students, avoiding precise mathematical jargon and proofs which are comprehensible only to mathematicians.
Instead, all proofs are given in a form that is clear and convincing enough for a physicist.
Examples, where appropriate, are given from physics contexts.
Both solved and unsolved problems are provided in each section of the book. Mathematics for Natural Scientists: Fundamentals and Basics is the first of two volumes.
Advanced topics and their applications in physics are covered in the second volume.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 526 pages, 118 Illustrations, color; 6 Illustrations, black and white; XVII, 526 p. 124 illus., 118
- Publisher: Springer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Publication Date: 11/10/2015
- Category: Mathematical modelling
- ISBN: 9781493927845