Anatomy of a Song : The Inside Stories Behind 45 Iconic Hits Paperback / softback
by Marc Myers
Songs that sell the most copies become hits, but some of those hits transcend commercial value, touching a generation of listeners and altering the direction of music.
In Anatomy of a Song, writer and music historian Marc Myers tells the stories behind fifty rock, pop, R&B, country and reggae hits through intimate interviews with the artists who wrote and recorded them. Mick Jagger, Jimmy Page, the Clash, Smokey Robinson, Grace Slick, Roger Waters, Joni Mitchell, Steven Tyler, Rod Stewart, Elvis Costello and many other leading artists reveal the inspirations, struggles and techniques behind their influential works.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 336 pages, Integrated b&w photos throughout
- Publisher: Grove Press / Atlantic Monthly Press
- Publication Date: 05/10/2017
- Category: Rock & Pop music
- ISBN: 9781611855258