Language and Globalization : An Autoethnographic Approach Paperback / softback
In this collection of real-life, personal narratives on the theme of language and globalization, scholars from a range of different sub-disciplines of linguistics, time periods, and geographical spaces throughout the world examine the interaction and intersectionality of languages and globalization and the implications of such interactions for world languages and cultures.
A feature of the book is the application of autoethnography as its underlying approach/method, in which contributors draw on their own lived experiences (of life, scholarship, and work) to investigate and reflect on linguistic globalization and its issues and challenges against the backdrop of the globalized world of the 21st century.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 222 pages, 8 Line drawings, black and white; 8 Illustrations, black and white
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 13/06/2017
- Category: Bilingualism & multilingualism
- ISBN: 9781138227811