New Perspectives on Intercultural Language Research and Teaching : Exploring Learners' Understandings of Texts from Other Cultures Paperback / softback
Part of the Routledge Research in Education series
Illustrated by an empirical study of English as a Foreign Language reading in Argentina, this book argues for a different approach to the theoretical rationales and methodological designs typically used to investigate cultural understanding in reading, in particular foreign language reading.
It presents an alternative approach which is more authentic in its methods, more educational in its purposes, and more supportive of international understanding as an aim of language teaching in general and English language teaching in particular.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 172 pages, 7 Halftones, black and white; 1 Tables, black and white
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 27/04/2018
- Category: Bilingualism & multilingualism
- ISBN: 9781138600171