`A masterpiece' JON MCGREGOR`Impossible to forget' THE TIMES`Astonishing' GUARDIAN`Startling' FINANCIAL TIMESA NEW STATESMAN BOOK OF THE YEARThe autumn of 1933 is the most beautiful Edie Mather can remember, though the Great War still casts a shadow over the cornfields of her beloved home, Wych Farm. When charismatic, outspoken Constance FitzAllen arrives from London to write about fading rural traditions, she takes an interest in fourteen-year-old Edie, showing her a kindness she has never known before.
But the older woman isn't quite what she seems. As harvest time approaches and pressures mount on the whole community, Edie must find a way to trust her instincts and save herself from disaster.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 352 pages, 2 x single-spread illustrated maps by Neil Gower
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Publication Date: 07/03/2019
- Category: Modern & contemporary fiction (post c 1945)
- ISBN: 9781408897973