Can Schools Save Indigenous Languages? : Policy and Practice on Four Continents Paperback / softback
Edited by Nancy H. Hornberger, Gabrielle Hogan-Brun
Part of the Palgrave Studies in Minority Languages and Communities series
This volume offers a close look at four cases of indigenous language revitalization: Maori in Aotearoa/New Zealand, Saami in Scandinavia, Hnahnoe in Mexico and Quechua and other indigenous languages in Latin America.
Essays by experts from each case are in turn discussed in international perspective by four counterpart experts.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 182 pages, XVI, 182 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 01/04/2008
- Category: Sociolinguistics
- ISBN: 9780230285002