Designing Public Spaces in Hospitals Paperback / softback
Designing Public Spaces in Hospitals illustrates that in addition to their aesthetic function, public spaces in hospitals play a fundamental role concerning people's satisfaction and experience of health care.
The book highlights how spatial properties, such as accessibility, visibility, proximity, and intelligibility affect people's behavior and interactions in hospital public spaces.
Based on the authors' research, the book includes detailed analysis of three hospitals and criteria that can support the design in circulation areas, arrival and entrance, first point of welcome, reception, and the interface between city and hospital.
Illustrated with 150 black and white images.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 282 pages, 45 Line drawings, black and white; 105 Halftones, black and white; 1 Tables, black and wh
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 08/04/2016
- Category: Public buildings: civic, commercial, industrial, etc
- ISBN: 9781138857209