Click here to see our help pages on reading this eBook on your chosen device. Please note that this eBook is incompatible with Kindle eReaders. Don't forget you'll need Adobe Digital Editions, if you don't already have it.
This student guidebook offers a clear introduction to an often complex and unwieldy area of literary studies. Tracing epic from its ancient and classical roots through postmodern and contemporary examples this volume discusses:
- a wide range of writers including Homer, Vergil, Ovid, Dante, Chaucer, Milton, Cervantes, Keats, Byron, Eliot, Walcott and Tolkien
- texts from poems, novels, childrenâ€™s literature, tv, theatre and film
- themes and motifs such as romance, tragedy, religion, journeys and the supernatural.
Offering new directions for the future and addressing the place of epic in both English-language texts and World Literature, this handy book takes you on a fascinating guided tour through the epic.
- Format: EPUB
- Pages: 182 pages
- Publisher: Taylor and Francis
- Publication Date: 11/02/2013
- Category: Literary studies: general
- ISBN: 9781136158520