A History of Military Occupation from 1792 to 1914 Paperback / softback
Part of the New History of Scotland series
An understanding of military occupation as a distinct phenomenon first emerged in the 18th century.
This book shows how this understanding developed and the problems that the occupiers, the occupied, commentators and the courts encountered.
It covers all major occupations including: France, Sicily, Greece, Belgium, Syria, Mexico, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Cyprus, Egypt, Korea, Peking, the Boer Republics; Latin America; and those related to the Napoleonic Wars, the Mexican-American War, the American Civil War, the Franco-Prussian War, the Russo-Turkish War, and the Spanish-American War
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 312 pages, 24 B/W illustrations
- Publisher: Edinburgh University Press
- Publication Date: 31/08/2017
- Category: Modern history to 20th century: c 1700 to c 1900
- ISBN: 9781474428415