People, Places and Passions : A Social History of Wales and the Welsh 1870-1948 Volume 1 Paperback / softback
The first of two volumes on the social history of Wales in the period 1870-1948, People, Places and Passions concentrates on the social events and changes which created and forged Wales into the mid-twentieth century.
This volume considers a range of social changes little considered elsewhere by studies in Welsh history, accounting for the role played by the people of Wales in times of war and the age of the British Empire, and in technological change and innovation, as they travelled the developing capitalist and consumerist world in search of fame and fortune.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 448 pages, 11 Illustrations, black and white
- Publisher: University of Wales Press
- Publication Date: 15/06/2015
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9781783162376