Wetlands in Central Florida : An Ecology & Hydrology Primer Paperback / softback
Edited by Samantha L Elliot
Freshwater wetlands are an integral part of central Florida, where thousands are distributed across the landscape.
However, their relatively small size and vast numbers challenge efforts to characterise them collectively as a state-wide water resource.
Freshwater wetlands and their interaction with ground water play a pivotal role in the water resources of Florida.
Understanding the long-term effects of wetland augmentation and other mitigation practices on wetlands in Florida requires systematically comparing the hydrology, water quality, and ecology of both natural and augmented systems.
This book provides an overview of the ecology and hydrology of the freshwater wetlands in Central Florida.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 369 pages, b&w photos, tables, graphs, maps
- Publisher: Nova Science Publishers Inc
- Publication Date: 11/03/2011
- Category: Environmental science, engineering & technology
- ISBN: 9781617286001