Postcolonial Lesbian Identities in Singapore : Re-thinking global sexualities Paperback / softback
by Shawna Tang
Taking lesbians in Singapore as a case study, this book explores the possibility of a modern gay identity in a postcolonial society, that is not dependent on Western queer norms.
It looks at the core question of how this identity can be reconciled with local culture and how it relates to global modernities and dominant understandings of what it means to be queer.
It engages with debates about globalization, post-colonialism and sexuality, while emphasising the specificity, diversity and interconnectedness of local lesbian sexualities.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 200 pages, 2 Line drawings, black and white; 3 Tables, black and white; 2 Illustrations, black and w
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 11/05/2018
- Category: Lesbian studies
- ISBN: 9781138604681