High Definition Postproduction : Editing and Delivering HD Video Paperback / softback
* Real-world postproduction paths show how it's being done today * Numerous HD tables clear up what format is used for which purpose * Ample information on HDV * Debunks myths and answers common questions about HDAvoid costly missteps in postproduction and get it right the first time with this book.
Written by an in-the-trenches professional who works with HD every day, High Definition Postproduction is an overview of this exciting opportunity for film and video production and postproduction professionals.
High Definition production and editing is here and definitely a reality.
High-def network shows are aired on a weekly basis. Several HD-only channels are well into their production schedules.
HD is even used for major film productions and post production processes.
However, unlike the existing 4x3, NTSC format, the HD world has many variables.
This ability to choose various frame rates, frame sizes, bit rates, and color space options makes this an exciting, yet somewhat daunting challenge.
The future may hold even more options as electronics continue to evolve and manufactures continue to exploit this format.
Naturally, all of these options can lead to confusion and errors.
This book begins with an overview of the HD format and then covers commonly-asked questions.
A chapter on shooting details how to smooth the path for post.
Postproduction workflows, including the digital intermediate, are covered in great detail, and are enhanced by real-world examples.
From HDV to the high-end cameras used in Star Wars and Sin City, this book is your complete guide to HD.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 248 pages
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 11/12/2006
- Category: Video photography
- ISBN: 9780240808390