It is a concise, portable reference for architects, interior designers, and builders, summarizing the basic technical properties-quarrying locations, availability, compressive and tensile strength, resistance to wear and weather, and other specifications-for design and architecture professionals.
General information, including geological and commercial classifications, properties and characteristics, and the various sourcing and processing techniques of stone, is also supplied.
Perfect for designers and specifiers, the accompanying CD-ROM contains all the sample swatches in an easy-to-use TIFF format for Macintosh or PC.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 132 pages, 576 color illustrations
- Publisher: WW Norton & Co
- Publication Date: 17/04/2008
- Category: Architectural structure & design
- ISBN: 9780393732658