Work and Livelihoods : History, Ethnography and Models in Times of Crisis Paperback / softback
Edited by Susana (University of Barcelona, Spain) Narotzky, Victoria (Goldsmiths, University of London, UK) Goddard
Part of the Routledge Studies in Anthropology series
Winner of the Society for the Anthropology of Work book prize 2017This volume presents a global range of ethnographic case studies to explore the ways in which - in the context of the restructuring of industrial work, the ongoing financial crisis, and the surge in unemployment and precarious employment - local and global actors engage with complex social processes and devise ideological, political, and economic responses to them.
It shows how the reorganization and re-signification of work, notably shifts in the perception and valorization of work, affect domestic and community arrangements and shape the conditions of life of workers and their families.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 224 pages, 1 Line drawings, black and white; 5 Halftones, black and white; 6 Illustrations, black an
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 31/07/2018
- Category: Sociology: work & labour
- ISBN: 9781138612860