Jack can't wait for the school trip to the D-Day landing beaches.
It's his chance to learn more about the war heroes he has always admired - brave men like his dad, who is a reserve soldier.
But when his dad is called up to action and things at home spiral out of control, everything Jack believes about war is thrown into question.
Finding comfort only in the presence of his loyal dog, Finn, Jack is drawn to the heart-wrenching true story of one particular D-Day paratrooper.
On 6 June 1944, Emile Corteil parachuted into France with his dog, Glen - and Jack is determined to discover their fate ...
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 208 pages, Black and white chapter vignettes
- Publisher: Barrington Stoke Ltd
- Publication Date: 01/05/2019
- Category: Fiction & true stories
- ISBN: 9781781128688