Rethinking the Mediterranean Paperback / softback
In this collection of essays, an international group of renowned scholars attempt to establish the theoretical basis for studying the ancient and medieval history of the Mediterranean Sea and the lands around it.
In so doing they range far afield to other Mediterraneans, real and imaginary, as distant as Brazil and Japan.
Their work is an essential tool for understanding the Mediterranean, pre-modern and modern alike.
It speaks to ancient and medieval historians, toarchaeologists, anthropologists and all historians with environmental interests, and not least to classicists.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 442 pages, 3 maps, 14 in-text illustrations
- Publisher: Oxford University Press
- Publication Date: 01/10/2006
- Category: European history
- ISBN: 9780199207725