Groups and Symmetries : From Finite Groups to Lie Groups Paperback / softback
Part of the Universitext series
- Combines material from many areas of mathematics, including algebra, geometry, and analysis, so students see connections between these areas- Applies material to physics so students appreciate the applications of abstract mathematics- Assumes only linear algebra and calculus, making an advanced subject accessible to undergraduates- Includes 142 exercises, many with hints or complete solutions, so text may be used in the classroom or for self study
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 196 pages, 23 Tables, black and white; 44 Illustrations, black and white; XVI, 196 p. 44 illus.
- Publisher: Springer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Publication Date: 28/10/2009
- Category: Algebra
- ISBN: 9780387788654