With the folk-rock movement in full swing, the acoustic guitar hasn't been as much in the spotlight since the Sixties.
Artists such as Turin Brakes, David Gray, Damien Rice, Starsailor, Travis and Coldplay have put the acoustic guitar centre stage again.
This guide begins by tracing the origins of the instrument through the millennia, from 19th century troubadours, to the unplugged movement of the 90s and beyond.
It then takes us on a detailed tour of the players, techniques and kit that has defined the genre over the years.
Complemented with a demonstration CD.
- Format: Mixed media product
- Pages: 248 pages, Illustrations
- Publisher: Sanctuary Publishing Ltd
- Publication Date: 06/09/2004
- Category: String instruments
- ISBN: 9781844920631