Classical Greece and the Birth of Western Art Paperback / softback
What was the 'Classical Revolution' in Greek art? What were its contexts, aims, achievements, and impact?
This book introduces students to these questions and guides them towards the answers. Andrew Stewart examines Greek architecture, painting, and sculpture of the fifth and fourth centuries BC in relation to the great political, social, cultural, and intellectual issues of the period.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 376 pages, Worked examples or Exercises
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Publication Date: 20/10/2008
- Category: Ancient & classical art,BCE to c 500 CE
- ISBN: 9780521618359