Research Interviewing: the Range of Techniques : A Practical Guide Paperback
by Bill Gillham
* The most comprehensive book available on methods in research interviewing!* What is research interviewing?* What techniques are used?
Exactly what do you do in each technique?* How is interview data analysed and written up?The robust, real-world approach makes this book appropriate for practitioner researchers and postgraduate students up to PhD level.
Covers distance and face-to-face interviewing, from the un-structured and naturalistic to the highly structured, focused and time-efficient.
Emphasis is placed on using the most appropriate methods for the research purpose and how to identify which method is practicable.
Based on over thirty years of teaching and supervising research and postgraduate students, the author anticipates questions and difficulties at a level of practical detail. Practical and easy to use, this book is essential for anyone doing research interviewing.
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 200 pages, Illustrations
- Publisher: Open University Press
- Publication Date: 01/08/2005
- Category: Social research & statistics
- ISBN: 9780335215867