Jane's Fame : How Jane Austen Conquered the World Paperback / softback
Part biography and part cultural history, this splendid book not only tells the captivating story of Jane Austen's life, but also her literary legacy.
The slow growth of Austen's fame, the changing status of her work, and what it has stood for in English culture is a story of personal struggle and family dynamics as well as a history of critical practices and changing public tastes. Jane's Fame is essential reading for anyone interested in Austen's life, works and unshakable appeal.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 368 pages, x2 mono image sections
- Publisher: Canongate Books Ltd
- Publication Date: 04/03/2010
- Category: Biography: literary
- ISBN: 9781847675330