The Principles and Practice of Modal Counterpoint Paperback / softback
Covering modal music from Gregorian chant through the seventeenth-century, The Principles and Practice of Modal Counterpoint is a comprehensive textbook combining stylistic composition, theory and analysis, music history, and performance.
By supplementing a modified species approach with a wealth of complete musical examples and historical information, this textbook thoroughly joins principle with practice, providing a truly immersive experience in the study of modal counterpoint and familiarizing students with modal repertoire.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 328 pages, Follow design for 'Developing Musicianship through Aural Skills'; 462 Line drawings, blac
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 16/11/2010
- Category: Theory of music & musicology
- ISBN: 9780415988650