This addition to the affordable Photofile series brings together the best work of Ernst Haas, one of the world's greatest photographers. One of the early pioneers of colour photography, Haas began his photographic career in the 1940s in Vienna, rising to fame following the publication of his photo essay on returning prisoners of war from Russia. In 1951, Haas decided to make his home in NewYork, and became renowned for his work with motion photography and advertising campaigns for companies such as Marlboro, Chrysler and Volkswagen.
With a selection of his most representative images and a bibliography for further reading, this is an ideal introduction to the photographer.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 144 pages, With 67 illustrations in colour and duotone
- Publisher: Thames & Hudson Ltd
- Publication Date: 06/09/2010
- Category: Individual photographers
- ISBN: 9780500411018