Horizontal Inequalities and Conflict : Understanding Group Violence in Multiethnic Societies Paperback / softback
Edited by F. Stewart
Part of the Conflict, Inequality and Ethnicity series
Drawing on econometric evidence and in-depth studies of West Africa, Latin America and Southeast Asia, this book explores how horizontal inequalities - ethnic, religious or racial - are a source of violent conflict and how political, economic and cultural status inequalities have contributed.
Policies to reverse inequality would reduce these risks.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 364 pages, XXI, 364 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 24/04/2008
- Category: Development studies
- ISBN: 9780230245501