Reconstructing Motherhood and Disability in the Age of Perfect Babies Paperback / softback
Examining mothers of newly diagnosed disabled children within the context of new reproductive technologies and the discourse of choice, this book uses anthropology and disability studies to revise the concept of "normal" and to establish a social environment in which the expression of full lives will prevail.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 288 pages, 5 Line drawings, black and white; 5 Halftones, black and white
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 20/08/2008
- Category: Disability: social aspects
- ISBN: 9780415917896