The Halal Frontier : Muslim Consumers in a Globalized Market Paperback / softback
by J. Fischer
Part of the Contemporary Anthropology of Religion series
In The Halal Frontier Johan Fischer shows that halal (literally lawful or permitted) is no longer an expression of esoteric forms of production, trade and consumption, but part of an expanding globalised market.
This book explores modern forms of halal understanding and practice in the halal consumption of middle-class Malays in the diaspora.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 186 pages, 14 Illustrations, black and white; XV, 186 p. 14 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 16/08/2011
- Category: Islamic life & practice
- ISBN: 9780230114180