The Archaeology of Ancient Greece Paperback / softback
Part of the Cambridge World Archaeology series
The Archaeology of Ancient Greece provides a synthesis of research on the material culture of Greece in the Archaic and Classical periods (1000-300 BC).
The rich and diverse material culture of ancient Greece has always provoked admiration and even wonder, but it is seldom analysed as a key to our understanding of Greek civilisation.
Dr Whitley shows how the material evidence can be used to address central historical questions for which literary evidence is often insufficient.
He also situates Greek art within the broader field of Greek material culture, providing an historically more accurate perspective on both.
This is a significant contribution to the integration of archaeological and art historical evidence.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 512 pages, 1 Tables, unspecified; 40 Maps; 87 Halftones, unspecified; 46 Line drawings, unspecified
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Publication Date: 04/10/2001
- Category: Ancient & classical art,BCE to c 500 CE
- ISBN: 9780521627337