Good Old-Fashioned Cakes Hardback
Part of the National Trust Food series
* Exquisite little book packed with recipes for great British cakes * Gloriously illustrated with mouthwatering photography * Contains a wide range of recipes from wholesome fruit cakes to frivolous fancies This charming little book contains more than 60 recipes for delicious cakes and tarts, from rich chocolate cakes to fruity flans, gathered from all around the country.
It also contains invaluable information on the basics of successful baking, and how to make your cakes rise perfectly.
Recipes include traditional teatime favourites such as Maids of Honour and fascinating historical curiosities like 18th-century Pepper Cake, fruity confections such as Pineapple Upside-Down Cake and, to finish, a selection of delicious tarts and flans.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 112 pages, 16 full colour illustrations
- Publisher: Pavilion Books
- Publication Date: 15/03/2010
- Category: Cakes, baking, icing & sugarcraft
- ISBN: 9781905400898