Modern Hospice Design : The Architecture of Palliative Care Paperback / softback
There is a global public debate going on about care for the elderly and the dying, and what is meant by good quality palliative care.
This book begins with the rise of the modern hospice movement, begun in 1967.
Today there are 8,500 modern hospice projects in 123 countries.
The hospice has become an iconic building for this new culture.
This is not a book about hospitals as such, but about what lessons the hospice movement has for new ideas about buildings for healthcare across the world. For architects and interior designers, estate and facility managers involved in hospice design, healthcare professionals, hospital administrators and Heathcare Trust Boards.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 152 pages, 8 pg colour; 16 Halftones, color; 3 Tables, black and white
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 13/05/2009
- Category: Architectural structure & design
- ISBN: 9780415451802