From the Kitchen to the Parlor : Language and Becoming in African American Women's Hair Care Paperback / softback
Part of the Studies in Language and Gender series
When is hair "just hair" and when is it not "just hair"?
Documenting the politics of African American women's hair, this multi-sited linguistic ethnography explores everyday interaction in beauty parlors, Internet discussions, comedy clubs, and other contexts to illuminate how and why hair matters in African American women's day-to-day experiences.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 200 pages, 12 halftones, 1 line drawing
- Publisher: Oxford University Press Inc
- Publication Date: 01/03/2006
- Category: Sociolinguistics
- ISBN: 9780195304169